I had no plan of writing New Year Resolution. I am the kind of a person who sometimes make plans at the spur of the moment, depending on the circumstances. It does not mean that i don’t plan or execute BUT the idea of new year resolutions puts me off.
But 2018 is going to be different
It will be honoured with my Resolutions and Allah is going to make all the forces to help me to achieve more than that.
Most importantly I have planned to work on one of the most painful parts of my life’s decisions. January will InshaAllah see me repaying a part of that debt. The process will be long but at least I will know that I am taking the right steps. You see sometimes you interact with people who turn out to be totally different from your own expectations. And yet there are individuals who misconstrue the respect given to them. But enough is enough. My life is my life.
- Those who know me they must have heard me talking about financial issues many times. Well, to be honest, I don’t have financial Issues. God has always been very kind to me. But the same God has filled my soul with the dreams which require a hefty amount of money. I really am not much bothered about the savings for old age. I am not even much bothered by the notion of death. But as long as I am alive there are people dependent on me. I cannot just leave them to suffer. Sooo, I will rigorously work on some projects to have extra resources with infused passion.
- I have to get regular in my prayers and reading of Quran.
- This one is a tricky one. If you check my laptop then you will discover that I have 100s of books. That is not just it. There are books on the shelf also. Now to start with, I am going to gift some hard copies to some of my friends. But then the quantity is not the issue. It’s Reading that I have to be vigilant about. Again I am not going to decide on a targeted number of books to be read in the New Year. But I must read.
- Writing sprees. This has become my nemesis lately. My soul keeps on telling me to write but the job and other duties keep on weighing me down. I have to devise a working plan to keep the ideas flowing. I guess every morning I must dedicate some time. This writing includes my journal-ling also.
- One research paper after every three months sounds like a good deal.
- The walk is of utmost importance in my life. Find a will to continue with it. Every weekend or maybe every second weekend I must go for a long walk or hike.
- I must start making weekly plans for making a meal schedule. This will help to minimize eating out.
- Starting the year with a first travel plan. But I must plan one more visit by the end of the year.
- I have to start specified savings. For example, I want to buy a huge mirror for my lounge. But I am not going to buy it at the whim of my desire. I am going to save for it. Same goes for other things that I want to buy some of which are necessary for my soul but some are the simple worldly wants.
In short, these are some highlights that will be happening in my 2018: (I love to make lists and bullets)
- Finances (figure out a working plan with friends)
- Research paper
- Meal plans
- Long walk/hikes
- Projects with friends
- Reading books
- Regular prayers/Reading Quran
DO NOT forget to celebrate small personal victories.